Tuesday, October 13, 2009

“Wow, how awful the first time it felt impossible...” - John Reuben, 'Focus'

“You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, 'You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' ” - Isaiah 41:9-10

Yes, how awful it did feel impossible to do the work that God called me to do in Boston for the first month that I was here. Go figure, I had found myself once again drowning in feelings that I didn't know how to express or communicate, and thus secluded myself. “Share your heart with people”, I was told. How though? Usually I would start a relationship to either get something from that person, or help them until they needed my help no longer. Sharing my heart – doesn't that mean that I'll have to be vulnerable? Doesn't that mean that people can hurt me? Well, yes – but it also allows you to truly love people. Love has never been safe, logical, or easy. Take a look at the risk God took by planting the Tree of Life, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. There was a possibility that the relationship between him and his creation would be forever severed if the wrong decision was made. We know how history has played out from there. Flesh and bone laid hold of something that was not intended from them, and what came about was the great separation between God and Man. It was a risk, but God is redeeming us. He took responsibility for our actions, and offered an alternative – Jesus.

I just finished the book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. Fantastic book, by-the-way. God really showed me that I was built to feel, and to express my feelings. The book also talks about how men are built for adventure. So often I suppress adventure or violence, because that's how I was raised - not necessarily how I was built. If you get a chance, pick up the book. Even if you're a lady, check it out, it'll help you get a better view into the mind of men.

This past month I've been busy trying to get settled in here at the new base. I've helped remodel our kitchen – which involved moving a wall, and installing switches and lights. This next week, the guys will be moving into the girl's old house. We're working on starting Joshua Generation (JG - our summer high-school program) in Brazil this year, so we'll have JG in Pittsburgh, Boston, Peru, and now Brazil! We had an “unofficial open-house” today where we had about twenty Koreans from around the world have breakfast with us, and then pray. Oh man, the prayer was awesome! We have been hearing prophecies and visions about the Boston/New England area non-stop. It's so remarkable that God would call me from Colorado to Massachusetts to be a part of a huge revival yet to come! God is giving me a new passion for art, and I am working towards using my art to affect the artistic and academic community of Boston. Don't feel excluded, you're also involved in what's going on here in Boston. YWAM Boston would not have been able to get where we are now without your faithful prayers and support!

I'm still short on financial support. Very short. God has provided for me this last two months, in which I have been able to pay all of my fees, but I will eventually need monthly supporters. Our multimedia department is also trying to raise money to buy a better camera, which will cost about $1,500. I'm also hoping that we can get some donations so we can upgrade our Video editing systems, so we can spend more time making videos and less time waiting for the computer to render.


How can you help? Tell your friends about what I'm doing! Direct them to my facebook page, or give them my email!

3 comments:

  1. I feel blessed with you.

    =)

    I do pray for you, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email about helping you out. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you scroll to the bottom of my blog, you can get all the information about making a donation! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete